Join Taylor Hunt for a week of practice and forum on Ashtanga yoga and addiction recovery with a portion of the proceeds benefiting the Trini Foundation. The course will address the problems associated with drug and alcohol addiction, and how to offer Ashtanga yoga as a tool to help people achieve long-term sobriety. The forum includes 6 days of Mysore practice and daily workshops. The week is designed for anyone seeking to help others and become a part of the solution.
· Review of addiction and the current health crisis
· Trini Foundation’s mission and how Ashtanga yoga can be used as a tool to help people recover
· Working with beginners and populations in the addiction community at varying levels of sobriety
· Basics of the Ashtanga yoga method including Sanskrit language, timing, and vinyasa count
· Reading bodies and understanding the components of safe adjustment techniques when working with individuals who have experienced trauma
· Structuring a class to effectively transmit the Ashtanga method in a treatment center setting
For more information, email email@example.com
Tuesday, November 12th - Sunday, November 17th
Click here to register
A $200 non-refundable deposit is included in the program cost. No refunds will be given within 30 days of the workshop. As this is not a teacher training course, you will not receive any Yoga Alliance credit for participation. Certification and Authorization to teach Ashtanga Yoga may only be granted through the K. Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute in Mysore, India where we encourage all participants to make regular trips to study.
The Ashtanga and Addiction Forum is a series of workshops offered through Ashtanga Yoga Columbus (AYC) with a portion of the proceeds donated to the Trini Foundation. The remaining proceeds from the workshop are used to help support the scholarship programming at AYC. We are very grateful to be able to support Trini, and the recovery community in Columbus, in such a meaningful way.